Current positions on the November 6 Ballot:
- Village President – Marla Evans has declared as a Write In
- Village Clerk – Dendra Best or Cindi McPherson
- Village Treasurer – Sally King
- Village Trustees: Rodney Gee, Andrea Ware – one position remaining with no declared candidate
DECLARATION OF INTENT REQUIREMENT: An individual who wishes to seek election to a village office with write-in votes is required to file a Declaration of Intent with the appropriate election official by 4:00 p.m. on the second Friday preceding the election – OCTOBER 26, 2018. An example of the form appears below.
File with Deanna Pattison – Bear Lake Township Clerk who administers Village elections.
• The local clerk is responsible for notifying the precinct board of any write-in candidates who filed a Declaration of Intent by the filing deadline. (See: XI. “Election Day Issues, Instructing Voters” for additional information.)
• A write-in vote cast for an individual who has not filed a Declaration of Intent does not count. Similarly, a write-in vote cast for an individual who filed a Declaration of Intent does not count unless the office for which the write-in vote was cast corresponds to the office identified on the Declaration of Intent.