The Village does not record its meetings and has refused to reconsider following numerous requests.
The volunteer who usually supplies a recording, if the Village activates it’s telephone callin line, was unable to do so this month due to a medical issue.
Another community member attempted to callin and was unable to do so.
The following financial questions have been posed and partially answered:
- As part of the standing FOIA – we have yet to receive the Budget To Actual by Fund reports for June, July or September.
- We have not received the requested draft notes for the proposed revised Water Ordinance.
- At the August meeting, the Village eliminated 2 savings accounts and agreed to an additional $1869 per month for 6 month repayment structured debt repayment of $20,507.70 for interest on invoiced services from Fleis Vandenbrink dating from 2016. We have not received the requested statement and rationale for this.
- From a resident reprinted here by permission with Village response in bold as returned:
In looking at some of the recent financial activities listed in the Village Minutes, I wonder if you would be kind and answer my questions please?1. I see the audit states the Village hasn’t used an outside accounting firm, but the Minutes show a continuing relationship with Baird, Cotter & Bishop, P.C since 2017?Has the Village entered into a formal contract with this firm (NO)and if so for what stated purposes, (Quickbooks set up & assistance)how much for and is the firm Bonded in it’s own right (they do not handle any money) or covered under a Village Policy addition? How did the Village make the initial contact with, and determination to use, (referral)https://www.bcbcpa.com/gpage/?page=15 ?2. In the August P&L it lists – under General Fund an amount for $2012.64 as additional payroll expenses, with a note that BCB are working on this? What is this amount for please? (salaries were assigned to wrong accounts, this issue is fixed).
I have a follow up question to the arrangement with Baird, Cotter & Bishop, P.C?
The bills note they did the W3 and W2s as well as other accounts reconciliation activities dealing with personal identifying information. Does the Village have a letter of understanding with this firm and a Certificate of Insurance? Who made the referral please?and:In looking at the Bills paid in August – United State Treasury (IRS) 1,468.16 Employee and Employer tax payments – isn’t it customary for the Second Quarter Withholding to be paid by July 15?
3. Having witnessed some quite serious OSHA violations during the water construction project can you tell me please – is the Village named as a Secondary Insured Party for liability under the contracts awarded and being managed by Fleis & VandenBrink’? (Yes) Who is the designated Safety Officer? (Each contractor has their own)