No notice has been published on either Bear Lake Township or Village of Bear Lake web sites.
The following response was received to the FOIA request sent to Bear Lake Township Supervisor Jeff Harthun by a local resident.
From Onekama Township Clerk:
I have received the FOIA request for the Two Lake Sewer Authority. The request is granted in part, and denied in part. Please note that each entity is to post all of the official documents on their respective websites.
Item 1.: Request Granted; Application attached
Item 2.: Request Denied; There is no public record of this information.
Item 3.: Request Denied; There are no public records of the operating budget, profit and loss reports, and Treasurer reports.
Item 4.: Request Granted; No specification as to which map you are requesting. See attached. [the map supplied was the previously published Draft – how this differs from the one handed out at the May TLS Meeting is undetermined]
Item 5.: Request Denied; The RFP was discussed at the May meeting. The official RFP was not presented and approved by the Authority Board. This will be discussed at the Special Meeting on May 22, 4:00 PM at Bear Lake Township Hall.
This completes the FOIA request, as received.
Thank you, Shelli Johnson
And from the origianl request:
“Please consider this an official request to receive an email notice 48 hours before any and all such future meetings, Township Board, any Commission and especially the Two Lake Sewer Authority as allowed under the Open Meetings Act.
In addition: it is impossible to track what is actually happening with the Two Lakes Sewer Authority – it is my understanding a planning grant has been received? There is no mechanism to know if a TLS meeting has been cancelled or not?
1. – I’m requesting a copy of the planning grant application to allow me to review the scope and parameters of this planning process.
2. – Who is managing the funds received?
3. – Now the Two Lakes is expending funds – I’d like to see a copy of your operating budget, profit and loss reports and Treasurer Report.
4. – I want to see a copy of the preliminary Special Assessment District map as referenced in the following May Minutes PDF.
5 – The May Minutes reference an RFP for Preliminary Engineering services – where was this published and how many other firms submitted one?
The following is NOT available on either the Village or Township web sites: Why?
[see transcript below]
It states: “Each municipality will present to their communities at their upcoming individual board meetings” but no such document was provided by the Village of Bear Lake.”
In the following the term “Search Grant Median Household Income Feasibility Study.” is not explained.
• Sousa reported on the Search Grant Median Household Income Feasibility Study.
• Motion by Bair, Second by Girven to approve the proposal for Wade Trim to complete the Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) for $30,000. Roll Call Vote: Girven – Yes, Bair – Yes, Harthun – Yes, Meister – Yes. M/C
• Sousa distributed Preliminary sewer service district maps. Each municipality will present to their communities at their upcoming individual board meetings. “