Minutes were received [PDF]
Village of Bear Lake Council SPECIAL MEETING
2018-2019 Budget Work Session
February 7, 2018 Bear Lake Village Hall
The special meeting of the Bear Lake Village Council was called to order by President Jeff Bair at 7:02 p.m. at the Village Hall.
Pledge of Allegiance was said.
Present: President: Jeff Bair Council: Peggy Bass, Marla Evans, Jackie Johnson, Greg McPherson and Andrea Ware
Treasurer: Sally King, Clerk: Cindi McPherson, Staff: Jared Bair Absent: Larry Gibson and Ron Ronning
Guests: One (1) guests
Motion to Adopt the Agenda by Bass and seconded by Johnson, motion carried. Ayes: Bass, Evans, Johnson, McPherson, Ware and Bair Nays: none
Public Comment: • None Budget
2018-2019: See attached Proposed Budget 2018-2019.
• Other Income – reimbursement from Water/Well Project
• Water Expense – Include $12K Repair & Maintenance per USDA
• DPW Building – $35,000.00 land purchase from Bear Lake Schools should be done by the end of FY 18/19.
• President Bair stated, there will only be one PT seasonal employee we will have this fiscal year, 2018/2019.
• Additional picnic tables and fire rings will need to be purchased. Local businesses will be contacted for quotes. Included estimate costs in Park Improvement.
• It was suggested the gravel from Water/Well project will be used for Hopkins Park drive.
• Non-motorized – sidewalk replacement in front of the previous Odd Fellows building on Lake Street.
• A new phone system will be purchased for the village office.
• $1,450.00 included in Repair & Maintenance to complete 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 & 7 of Accessibility Transition Plan.
Public comment: Steve Hansen commended the village on the minutes and information being posted at the Post Office and on their website. He stated he reads them faithfully and feels the minutes are well done and the information is useful. Meeting adjourned at 8:50p.m. Respectfully Submitted, Cindi McPherson, Clerk