The above document was not published by Bear Lake News as it had not been published on the official Village web site. A copy of the display ad was received from the Manistee News Advocate after one was not made available from official sources until June 13:
In the absence of further information being available the following was submitted on June 15, 2017:
“Good afternoon Ms McPherson – the News Advocate were kind enough to supply the display ad last week.
Approval of Grant Applications:
Motion was made by Bass to submit grant for a plow truck in the amount of $39,500.00 with the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians (LRBOI), seconded by Johnson, motion carried. Aye: Bass, Edwards, Johnson, Ronning, Bair
Motion was made by Ronning to submit a grant for a plow truck in the amount of $39,500.00 with the USDA, seconded by Bass, motion carried.
Aye: Bass, Edwards, Johnson, Ronning, Bair
So – please explain the following:
1. Has the Village applied for 1 or 2 USDA grant or grants?
2. If so, when
3. If so under which USDA grant program
4. If so what is the Village’s financial obligation to match any funds received.
5. Which Budget Line Item will that match come from
6. What was the legal nature of the meeting held on May 26 – you have previously stated this was a Public Hearing of a Notice of Intent? If that was the case the notice as published may not be legally formatted.
While our subscribers applaud the efforts of the Village to secure new/ newer equipment we would have liked the opportunity to have more information ahead of that May 26 meeting? As that was not provided we are asking for that information now. In addition, that meeting fell under our prior FOIA and Title VI request for reasonable accommodation?
Also please confirm receipt of the Title VI subscription request for the next 6 months submitted on May 30 and June 9?
On multiple occasions Village officials have assured the intent of transparency and the free exchange of information?”
Received June 13, 2017, as passed May 17:
RESOLUTION # 2017 – 7
Village of Bear Lake
Acquisition of Blade Truck
Upon motion made by Schroeder, seconded by McPherson , the following resolution was adopted:
“RESOLVED, that the Village of Bear Lake, Michigan, does hereby accept the terms of the Agreement as received from the United States Department of Agriculture-Rural Development, and the that the Village of Bear Lake does hereby specifically agree, but not by way of limitation, as follows:
- To provide match funds necessary to complete the acquisition of a Blade Truck for Snow Removal, in the amount of Twenty-four thousand ($24,000) dollars to match the grant authorized by the USDA-Rural Development.
To comply with any and all terms of said Agreement including all terms not specifically set forth in the foregoing portions of this Resolution.”
The following aye votes were recorded: 7
The following nay votes were recorded: 0
STATE OF MICHIGAN
COUNTY OF MANISTEE
,I Cindi McPherson, Clerk of the Village of Bear Lake, Michigan, do hereby certify that the above is a true and correct copy of the Resolution relative to the Application for funding with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, which Resolution was adopted by the Village Council at a meeting held May 17, 2017.
The draft Minutes of this meeting, preiously characterized as a Public Hearing Notice of Intent To Apply, were received on June 16, 2017 –
THE VILLAGE OF BEAR LAKE COUNCIL
Bear Lake Village Hall 12376 Virginia Street
Friday May 26, 2017 at 3:30pm
- Called to Order by President Bair
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Roll call: President Bair, Treasurer King, Clerk McPherson Staff; Jared Bair
Council: Bass, Evans, Johnson, and Schroeder
Absent: McPherson, Ronning and Gibson
- Guests: 0
- Public Comment: None
- Plow Truck Grant:
o Information was reviewed regarding the Plow Truck Grant from the USDA Rural Development
- o $14,000.00 possible grant from USDA Rural Development
- Public Comment: None
- Adjournment at 3:10pm
Respectfully submitted by Clerk McPherson