Regardless of how much rain we have just had, Fall is a time for clean-up and everyone remembers the nostalgic smell of burning Fall leaves …….. please ……. bag them, mulch them, compost them instead. We like to see the natural blaze of autumn glory in our forests, not real flames. To remind yourself of just how close we came to tragedy go to this link. Thank you.
Quilt Show, Fine Artisans and Antique Dealers – Bear Lake School, Cody Street 10 am to 4 pm. $5 donation for admission please.
Go to http://www.bearlakemichigan.com for schedule updates.
Artisans Featuring Photography, Oils & Watercolors, Stoneware Pottery, Jewelry, Fabrics, Stained Glass, Gourd & Wine Bottle Art, Santa Dolls, Dried Arrangements, Book Signing, Hooked Rugs, Shaker Boxes, Felted/Mittens & Purses, Caricatures Quilt Show with quilts and quilted items. Over 75 quilts will be on display, many are heirloom treasures. These quilts are from collections of area quilters and are not to be missed! Quilt raffles will be held. Many talented artisans will have their work displayed and available for sale. Antique dealers will be there for those looking for just that special treasure. Watch for signs.
Farmers Market – Downtown Bear Lake – 2-6 pm. Bear Lake area’s super farmers will be selling great fall produce and other goodies.
Scarecrow Harvest – EVERYWHERE!!
Let your imagination soar! and participate in our Bear Lake’s Scarecrow Harvest. At businesses up and down US 31 and at residences in the Village and around the lake we’re hoping to see scarecrows galore! Date to put them up is October 1; takedown is October 31. Let’s decorate Bear Lake for Fall and have lots of fun with a celebration of Autumn.
Children’s Activities – Methodist Church 10:00 am to noon. Crafts and fun activities are in store for the kids. This special event is provided and supervised by church volunteers.
Food, DJ, Hayrides, Music, Apple Cider, Carved Pumpkins and much, much more!
Downtown Bear Lake Village.
* Live Music by Area Musical Groups
* Food Available throughout Downtown
* Pumpkin Patch at the beach near the “Bear”
* Pumpkin Chuckin’ Competition 1-3 pm near Blarney Castle Corporate Headquarters
* Pumpkin Carving Contest to be sponsored by Village Cafe and to be held right next to the Cafe. Open for all ages. Entries must be submitted by 9am on Sat. Oct.10. and will be on display 9am to 3 pm. The awards’ ceremony will be held at 3 pm
* Last Chance Cruise In Car Display 11 am – 3 pm at Rock’s Retreat Corner of US 31 and Norconk
* Carver’s Museum 10:00 am until 4:00 pm
Ladies of the Lake are still working on events and would like to hear from YOU about what else you’d like to have included to make Bear Lake’s Autumn’s Glory Day one to remember! Contact 864-3696 for suggestions or questions.
Contact: Jo Ann Johnson. Phone: (231) 864-2131